Buying or selling a property is a major event in a person’s life – it’s a big
financial decision and often an emotional decision as well, but also very rewarding.
To make things easier, we suggest:
- Make contact with an Andersons Real Estate salesperson who will be able to offer
additional advice and answer any of your questions on what you are looking for. We
can also alert you by email, SMS or phone to any new listings before they reach the media.
- Talk to your bank or financier and get your finance pre-approved.
- Have funds readily available for a deposit.
- Research the area that would suit your lifestyle or investment portfolio and budget.
- Research the current rental market if securing a property that you are not going to reside in.
- Research the past sales in that area to get a feel
for the price and the type of property available.
- For Overseas Investors – check out the Foreign Investment
Review Board website to see if
you are eligible to purchase a property in Australia.
- For First Home Buyers – check out the Office of State Revenue website
to see if you are eligible for the First Home Buyers Grant.
- Visit the Office of Fair Trading website
to see their advice on home buying.
Once you are ready to go to contract stage:
- It is preferable to use a Queensland Solicitor or Conveyancing Company familiar with Queensland Law.
- Check out our Local Contacts page for names and contact
details of local professionals and tradespersons.
Some costs you will need to consider when buying a property:
- Purchase price of the property.
- Stamp duty, solicitors fees and searches.
- Valuation, building and pest reports.
- Insurance cover – once you sign the contract (not necessary on vacant land).
- Whether you will be liable for land tax.